I am a Colorado native with a background in Design, & Technical Theatre and a Master’s of Landscape Architecture.
Currently working with paper, that I cut, tear, slice, and layer to create semi-realistic images. This method creates a painterly quality until you get up close and see that the images are developed through the layering, texture and choice of colored paper.
paper palette sample
Using man-made and machine-made paper from Thailand, India and Japan, bought at retail art stores. This medium limits my palette and challenges my skills to create depth, texture, light and shadow. I like images that are a different perspective from the "normal" views of animals or landscapes. Such as the swoop of a wing from a landing hawk or a look over the shoulder of an eagle.
My studio is at ART GYM Denver. It is a welcoming place housing various mediums and artists. It allows me to pursue the creativity of my art and enjoy the buzz of energies around me to full-fill that creativity. You are welcome to visit me there,
Located at 1460 Leyden St, Denver, CO 80220. https://www.artgymdenver.com
RESUME: JUDITH BERGQUIST
- Artisan and Designer. Planner and Landscape Architect.
- Fabrication, carpenter, welder, scenic artist, and lighting designer.
- Community development facilitator for organizational development and strategic planning.
- Experience teaching various age groups. Adult, Graduate Students, Teens, Elementary.
- Project management, research, design, analysis, and budget management.
- Experienced in historic preservation projects, cultural/natural resource protection management, guidelines and HABs/HAER/HAL’s standards.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Suite CS5, and Surpass, Polaris
Art Gym, Denver, CO. Artist July ’17 - present
- Create realistic and abstract art using art papers. Also work with acrylics, pastels, and encaustics.
Art CONNECTion, Lakewood, CO. Art Facilitator Team Member, March 2012 – as needed
- Team member assisting to provide a creative, pressure-free means of building general team cohesion around company goals, visions and business objective using art creation as a conduit. Assisted with facilitation on collaborative masterpieces and individual creations.
Colorado Center for Community Development – Rural Technical Assistance Program; University of Colorado Denver, College of Architecture and Planning, Den., CO. Associate Director, Oct. 1999 - Sept 2010
- Provided quality land-use and transportation planning and design services to local municipal governments within the Front Range, Northern, and Central mountains of Colorado. Working with low-income neighborhood groups and small rural (low-income) communities. Leveraging resources, alternative funding opportunities, and implementation.
- Provided communities professional design services from conceptual to final phases in architecture remodels, re-use, mixed–use development, senior housing; landscape architecture park and regional trail master planning; wayfinding signage; transportation planning, streetscape master planning, and TOD master planning projects. Focused on health in the built environment
- Provided technical assistance to local and regional government officials on land use planning and broader community development issues, including comprehensive planning, development of land use codes, sustainability, & energy efficiency, downtown revitalization, mass-transportation to promote and incorporate Sustainability and Health in the Built Environment
Regional Theater Companies. LORT-B Theaters in Denver, Tucson, La Jolla, San Diego, Santa Maria, and Anchorage. Various titles: Properties Director, Properties manager, Properties Artisan; Scenery-Props Supervisor; Lighting Designer, Furniture Designer, Furniture Carpenter, Stage Sets Carpenter, Welder, Scenic Artist, Electrician, Lathe Operator, Upholster, Puppet Maker, June1979 - September 1989.
- Inventor, designer, artisan, problem solver; liaison between director and designer.
- Managed show budgets, construction schedules, purchasing, and production schedules for fabricators and suppliers.
University of Colorado at Denver, College of Architecture and Planning, Denver, CO.
Master of Landscape Architecture: 1992.
- American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award for Design 1992.
- Award for Scholastic Excellence, University of Colorado-Denver, 1992.
- Sigma Lambda Alpha Theta Chapter, 1992.
Webster College, St. Louis, MO.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Design and Technical Theatre: 1982.
Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts, Santa Maria, CA.
Professional training and Undergraduate course work, summers, 1979-1982.
Rocky Mountain Art Conservation Center, Denver, CO.
Art conservation in objects, paper, textiles; under guidance of professional art conservators. 1986-1987